To apply for Reception Class Intake September 2024-25 please click here.
The Oversubscription Criteria for Mordiford Church of England Primary School 2023-2024
Where the number of children seeking admission exceeds the published admission number (PAN) of 30, the Governors of Mordiford Church of England Primary School will apply the following criteria in order of priority:
- Looked after children and children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to adoption, a child arrangements order, or special guardianship order.
- Children who appear to the Governing Body of Mordiford CE Primary School to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
- Children with an Education Health Care Plan (ECHP) naming Mordiford CE Primary School as the preferred school.
- A child who lives within the school’s defined catchment area and has a sibling attending Mordiford.
- A child who lives within the school’s defined catchment area.
- A child who lives outside of the school’s catchment area and has a sibling attending the school at the time of admission.
- A child with unique circumstances which prevent them from attending their designated school (additional evidence is required for this).
- A child who attends Mordiford Dragons Playgroup.
- The child of a member of staff at Mordiford CE Primary School.
- A child living outside the school’s catchment area and who does not qualify on any of the above statements will be considered in relation to the distance from school using the most likely route of travel.
If the school is not able to offer a place to a child due to oversubscription parents do have the right of appeal against this decision. In these circumstances, the Headteacher will give advice and information about the appeal procedures.
- Appeals must be lodged within 30 days from the date of notification that their application was unsuccessful.
- At least 10 school days’ notice will be given of an appeal hearing.
- Decision letters will be sent within 5 school days of the hearing wherever possible.