What is a Digital Leader?
A Mordiford Digital Leader is a KS2 pupil who is part of a digital leaders’ team. Our role, with the help of Miss Quinn, is to support the use of technology, particularly iPads across the school. We do a variety of jobs including:
- Support the use of iPads and computers in school to support learning
- Share our skills and expertise with other pupils, classes and teachers.
- Assist teachers and other pupils in understanding coding applications.
- Set up equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Update and monitor areas of the school website or school / class blog.
- Test and review new digital resources (websites, computer software, hardware or apps).
- Feed into whole school decisions about future development of technology.
- Lead lunchtime or after school computing / iPad clubs.
- Support teachers in using technology in the classroom.
- Run or contribute to parents’ meetings.
- Share expertise with other schools and at conferences.
- Have a good understanding of how to stay safe with technology and share that with others.
- Provide first line technical support in school.
- Be responsible for certain maintenance tasks with particular technology.
- Attend staff meetings to train staff.
- Create how-to video help guides.
- Attend training sessions when they are arranged both in and out of school.
Click here to watch Caught in the Web – a Newsround special programme all about staying safe on the internet.